Collagen is the protein that promotes skin elasticity and smoothness, leading to youthful, full-looking skin. With less collagen comes sagging, wrinkling, and less vibrant-looking skin. Unfortunately, as we age, collagen synthesis and levels of collagen decrease.
Not surprising, skin companies and supplement companies are racing to bring products to market that are hopefully effective at maintaining collagen levels during aging. Inflammation of the skin can affect the type and amount of collagen, and in some cases lead to collagen degradation.
In experiments with human tissue from elective surgeries, Delta-5 oil was shown to increase synthesis of Collagen Type 1 by 23% relative to a placebo, and by a greater percentage relative to an untreated basal control.
This striking increase in collagen had been previously correlated with increases in skin firmness in human subjects.
Topical application of Delta-5 oil to the skin has also been shown to indirectly increase collagen based on testimonials of subjects reporting improved firmness, texture, fullness, and smoothness of the skin after application of Delta-5 oil:
Delta-5 oil speeds up healing and down time following Halo Laser Treatment
I do a halo laser once a year. The downtime is typically about 5 days where you really don’t want to be seen in public. The last halo laser I did, I tried Delta-5 oil on my face before I went to bed. I couldn’t believe how great my face looked the next day. I actually called the technician to see if she used the same settings as the time before. The only thing I did differently was Delta-5 oil, and the downtime was nothing.
Note from SciaEssentials: Halo Laser is a new professional laser treatment that uses hybrid technology of a non-ablative laser, combined with an ablative laser. Using the non-ablative laser, this creates controlled zones of coagulation to chosen depths into the dermis that stimulate new collagen; and fractionally vaporizes (ablates) micro laser channels into the epidermis, addressing tone and texture of the skin, and potentially increasing collagen. Typical side effects include pain, redness, intense swelling lasting up to two days, heat, changes in coloration, and typically at least two days of stay-at-home down time.
SCIADONIC ACID: A NEW WAY TO FIGHT INFLAMMAGING.*
Beauty Blogger Giorgia Guazzarotti at Beautiful with Brains has reviewed Delta-5 oil by SciaEssentials.
She reports improved appearance, softness, smoothness, plumping, reduction of fine lines, less redness, and anti-acne benefits. Please read her detailed comments below, and for even more details, see her full review.
LET’S PUT IT TO THE TEST: PERSONAL USE & OPINION
Sciaessentials™ Delta-5™ Oil is a light oil, so use it sparingly. My skin is on the dry side so it absorbs pretty quickly but if you use too much, your skin will look a little shiny for a few minutes.
It’s tricky to judge how well it fights chronic inflammation because you can’t see the nasty bugger! But I know it’s there because I live in one of the most polluted cities in the world (thanks, London!) and I’m often under a lot of stress. It ain’t easy to juggle two blogs, a novel in the making and a relationship…
But I did notice some changes. The most obvious? My skin feels so soft and smooth. It’s also plumper, which in turn makes the few fine lines I have look smaller. It just makes my skin look better.
And it DOES something for inflammation, too. I mean, I knew it would. The science backs that up. But I noticed it first-hand when I got a pimple. I haven’t suffered from hormonal acne in a while, but last month I went on holiday and indulged in too many carbs (don’t judge).
As if on cue, a pimple reared its ugly head on my chin. I used a few drops of Sciaessentials™ Delta-5™ Oil on it and immediately, the redness went down. The pimple healed a little faster too.
I’m confident that if you have any inflammatory skin conditions, like rosacea, or some wound/burn on your skin, you’ll see visible results way more quickly
Talking about burns, if you’re going on holiday somewhere hot and sunny, this oil makes a good remedy for sunburns too. Bring a bottle with you, just in case.
Must-Have Skincare Product*
Beauty Blogger Cindy Batchelor of mystylespot.net describes Delta-5 as an amazing Must-Have Skincare product You Need in Your Life. May, 2018
CHECK OUT THE BENEFITS SHE DESCRIBES:
- My Antiaging Skincare Must have to get rid of the red, zits, sunburn, and wrinkles too
- This AMAZING all-in-1 luxurious high-quality antiaging skincare product from Scia Essentials not only minimizes fine lines and wrinkles and gives skin a lovely luminous glow, but it also reduces red inflamed skin, acne, sunburn, and is super hydrating for dry skin too! It leaves skin feeling so soft, smooth, and supple for a natural, more youthful appearance! Watch my Video
- Review of this amazing skin-saving product on Youtube!
- I noticed a dramatic change in my skin after 24 hours of use!
The redness and puffiness were completely eliminated and it got the red out of my zit immediately too – in fact, that annoying pimple was completely gone the next day!
- It has also worked amazingly well for moisturizing my super dry skin too!
- Delta-5 is a must-have for relieving sunburn too so I’m FOR SURE taking it with me every time I go to the lake for some boating this summer!
West Side Hospital -Health & Supplements/911 Media video review of Delta-5. May 14, 2018*
Andrew Ignash’s comments: 0.37-1:25:
- Keeps wrinkles down; fills in wrinkles
- Skin feels a lot smoother
- Pores look a lot better
- I’m a big fan, especially for anyone who is concerned about aging or who suffers from acne, rosacea, or other inflammatory conditions
- Helps with dry skin
- Overall, just makes your skin look better
Jennifer’s comments: 2:00-2:08
- I’m currently using Delta-5 on my eczema and it seems to be making a difference (nice before and after photos)
Healing of Face and Nose after a Nasty Cold!*
Your skin suffering after a nasty cold? Rebecca of Rebecca Brand Productions shows how Delta-5 by SciaEssentials relieves itchy, dry, redness around your nose; and how this all-in-one oil has other remarkable benefits. June, 2018
- Removed redness, flaky skin, and irritation around her nose immediately and continued showing improvement when used for 3 days. Amazing!
- Loved the product so much, continued to use it 3-4 times per day for three days to help improve the condition of the inflamed nose.
- In process of using it for a longer period of time to reverse wrinkling around the eyes and smile and lip lines.
- Soothed dry skin on her neck, and overall made the skin feel softer and with an improved texture.
- Reduced the redness and size of a pimple.
- The oil itself was not overly oily, and was smooth, light, had no scent, and was absorbed quickly (within 5 minutes).
- Used it on bare skin at night, and before applying her foundation/makeup in the morning.
- Overall, she felt and was more beautiful and confident when using Delta-5 oil.