No, silly. We’re not talking about covering your face with a paper bag to hide your embarrassment over your adult-onset acne. Though it seems like a good option sometimes, it’s just not realistic.
When you’re suffering from skin troubles like acne, psoriasis, or dry itchy skin, it’s helpful to know just how far you need to go in order to alleviate your symptoms . . .and your troubles!
We’ve made it easy for you. Check out our easy quick reference guide to some of the most common skin ailments, common treatments, and how DELTA-5 oil by SciaEssentials can effectively go to bat for you and your skin.
Spot Treat vs. Full Coverage
When fighting skin troubles, there are multiple treatment routes you and your dermatologist can choose to take. Sometimes only one is enough, sometimes combining multiple options works best.
Full Coverage Treatment (FCT) involves applying a topical treatment or medication all over the skin. This is especially helpful in skin conditions that cover a very large area, or may continue to worsen or spread to unknown areas (like acne).
Spot Treatment (ST) involves adding just a very small amount of the active topical ointment or cream to one area of concern. This is done when there is no concern about further locations becoming a problem in the future. People will frequently spot treat one single blemish to help it on its way to oblivion.
There are also other options that can be added in to handle a problem. Sometimes systemic medication is required. In this case the effective drug travels through the body internally. This is usually delivered through an oral pill, though a few extreme cases warrant intravenous delivery. Physical treatments like surgery or light therapy can also be a strong addition to your arsenal.
How Does DELTA-5 Help?
“His AMAZING all-in-1 luxurious high-quality antiaging skincare product from Scia Essentials not only minimizes fine lines and wrinkles and gives skin a lovely luminous glow, but it also reduces red inflamed skin, acne, sunburn, and is super hydrating for dry skin too! It leaves skin feeling so soft, smooth, and supple for a natural, more youthful appearance! ” – Cindy
DELTA-5 oil is the most versatile skin treatment you have in your hands. With the ability to help strengthen the skin barrier and alleviate inflammation, it’s a powerful ally to your treatment protocol. Add in the fact that this easily-absorbed, non-greasy formulation is safe enough to use full-strength as a spot treatment, and gently powerful enough to be combined with your regular treatment or skin care routine for full coverage.
What to Do: Common Skin Troubles
Acne occurs when oil and dead skin cells clog the pores. Topical treatments and other medicines can help unclog pores and prevent new breakouts. Both may prove helpful.
- Full Coverage: Wash face gently with a mild cleanser and use oil-free moisturizer.
- Spot Treatment: Is helpful to zap a breakout fast with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
- DELTA-5: Can be mixed in with face wash or moisturizer for overall control or used to spot treat.
- Others: Blue light therapy, prescription oral antibiotics.
Diaper Rash is a common ailment with babies and mild cases typically aren’t painful or harmful unless allowed to progress untreated. It’s caused when the skin comes into contact with urine and feces in the diaper.
- Full Coverage: There is absolutely NO need to cover your whole baby with ointment. Diaper rash typically only occurs IN the diaper!
- Spot Treatment: with an over OTC diaper rash cream. Your pharmacist can recommend one.
- DELTA-5: Can be helpful in alleviating the inflammation that causes discomfort, as well as working to repair the damaged skin barrier.
Eczema is a dry, itchy condition that may cause a red rash and/or blistering. Though often unpredictable, symptoms of eczema can be managed by including medicines to relieve itch and inflammation and prevent flare-ups.
- Full Coverage: May be necessary if the effects of the eczema are wide-spread enough. These may include gentle bathing and following a good moisturizing routine.
- Spot Treatment: Are typically applied to the affected area(s) of the skin to help ease redness, rash, dryness, and itching.
- DELTA-5: Useful in assisting the skin’s barrier function and alleviating inflammation that contributes to redness, rash, dryness, and itchy breakouts.
- Others: Phototherapy, systemic medications, biologics, and diet.
Psoriasis is a long-term skin condition that can also affect the joints. It cannot be fully cured, but symptoms may be managed. Symptoms of psoriasis can include dry, raised, red patches of skin covered with silvery scales.
- Full Coverage: Is merited if symptoms are widespread enough and may include special moisturizers or tar preparations.
- Spot Treatment: May be helpful in treating specific locations. These may include corticosteroid creams or ointments or vitamin D preparations.
- DELTA-5: Combine with moisturizer to cover a wider area, or use to spot treat a specifically uncomfortable location. Aids in strengthening the moisture barrier and relieving inflamed areas.
- Others: Ultraviolet light therapy.
Hives are itchy, raised welts that can be red or skin-colored. They usually occur due to an allergic reaction. Hives are usually temporary, though some cases may be chronic.
- Full Coverage: Is usually not necessary.
- Spot Treatment: Antihistamines can help to block or reduce the body’s allergic response and ease the itch.
DELTA-5: Used on the rash can help to calm the skin’s reaction and halt its progress by interrupting the inflammatory cascade.